Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Utah: Day 1 and 2

The kids and I made it out the door a little after 6 am. We enjoyed breakfast in the car…and lunch for that matter with 100 snacks in between meals. The movies kept Luke and Emma entertained. Luke was awesome to help me out with Myles. Myles was entertained with food, trucks and books. Each kid took turns sleeping off and on. The trip went better than could be expected.
We crashed at Ben and Mindi's home. They were so kind to us. My kids loved all of the attention from their older cousins.







The next day, we went to Lagoon with all of the Kotter cousins (minus the 4 from Kentucky and plus 2 additional from Stacie's side of the family). I took Emma and Blake around to the rides. We were able to do some of the rides with Sadie, too. Emma and Blake had a blast together. It was pretty fun for all of us, plus I could handle most of the kiddie rides without getting sick. Luke wanted to be with the bigger cousins and do the big rides. Dave and Mindi coordinated and accommodated the largest group of cousins between 5-11 years old. I think we might need "back-up" next time we do this, especially when it comes to the water park. However, everyone survived and had a blast. My sister-in-law, Jasmine, watched Myles for me (HUUUGE help). Especially since it felt like we were standing on the surface of the sun!!! Emma and I called it quits around 6:30 when we picked up Myles. Luke rocked Lagoon until 11:00 PM. From the reports, it sounded like he would have kept going if they weren't closing down the park. :) Emma's favorite ride was Bombora and Luke's favorite was The White Roller Coaster.


















I also caught up with my friend, Christina, from middle school/high school at Lagoon. It was fun to catch up with her. I appreciated her driving down just to see us! 








No comments:

Post a Comment