Did I mention we were a little tired?
After the gondola ride, we walked on the pathway by the river. We threw rocks, splashed around and enjoyed this cooler spot until some large dogs encroached on us. I really don't mind sharing spaces with dogs, but please keep them on leash. I don't care how much you tell me that it's a nice dog, I have three little kids, one that was almost taken out by said "nice dog." Keep it on leash. Rant over.
We thought we would knock out a popular waterfall hike, but we were all too tired. Instead, we cruised main street and savored a mid-afternoon treat. Bryan and I would love to plan a return trip in the Fall…someday. :)
Once back at the cabin, Bryan set up a shooting range for us to test our skills. The kids, okay--ALL of us loved this. Any feelings I had of resembling Annie Oakley were only magnified when Bryan and the kids cheered each time I hit a target. We swam, explored around the cabin and drove up to Mt. Sneffels trailhead where Luke exclaimed he wanted to do this hike. Bryan and I proudly looked at each other. You betcha! The saying goes, "Start them young." We definitely want to and are trying to instill a love of the outdoors in our kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment