Friday, November 9, 2018

Back-to-School Feast

We held our annual back to school feast a few days before the kids' first day of school (including Myles). I am not one that really enjoys cooking, but I do like bringing the family together for dinner, and this dinner is ALWAYS looked forward to by the kids. I think it is largely due to the fondue dessert, but it is a night that we each enjoy for a variety of reasons. Our family theme for this school year is, "Have courage and be kind." As we discussed what this meant, the kids took turns sharing ways of how they could be brave and kind to others (and themselves). This night snuck up on me--it was a quick Summer. I felt like I needed these words for my heart to "have courage" as I sent my kids out the door this year. Bryan gave each of them a father's blessing and even Myles requested to have one, too. It was a tender evening. Praying for a good year for each of them!




Legos for Luke.
*I need to remember to spray both sides of the crown next year :)

Gems for Emma.

Paw Patrol for Myles.












No comments:

Post a Comment