Saturday, September 3, 2011

USA Pro Cycyling Challenge

As it says in the title, the USA Pro Cycling Challenge was held in Colorado for the first time. There were several "stages" a.k.a. races throughout Colorado over about a week. We drove down to Colorado Springs to see one of the time trials. It was a 5.5 mile course. On average, it took 8.5 minutes for a cyclist to complete. That means that they were cruising at about 38 mph!
We were able to see the best of the best. Cadel Evans, winner of the Tour de France, the Schleck brothers, Levi Leipheimer to name a few.

Bryan is the one responsible/to blame that I know these guys. I have to admit that a few years ago you would NEVER have caught me at a bike race...boring. However, I was loving it and finding myself wanting to be one of the crazies that you see on TV, you know, the one running alongside the bike with paint all over his body. I restrained myself-it was too hard to keep that pace with Luke in the stroller.





We tried hard to blend in and not to embarass Luke's father. Luke rocked his shades for a solid 20 minutes.
 He was C-O-O-L.

Bryan is hopeful that one day we will make it to the Tour de France. For now, this was perfect! :)




 




No comments:

Post a Comment