I read an article about a family who made it a tradition that on each of their kids' first birthday they would place four objects on the opposite side of the room and see which object they would pick first.
They would attach more or less meaning to the objects such as if the child chose the piggy bank it meant that child was going to be a banker later in life.
I decided that this could be a fun tradition to adopt into our family. I do not have the intentions of this being a fortune telling tradition, but rather something that is simple and fun to look back on with our family.
The four objects we chose for Luke:
Binki: Loyalty
Book: Scholarly
Dump Truck: Hard Worker
Piggy Bank: Money Bags who will support his parents
...does that make Luke a hard worker who will be loyal???
P.S. I realize that I'm contradicting myself about the fortune-telling thing, but it is pretty fun! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment