Last Saturday we ran a 5k with our stake. Bryan was kind (and humble) and decided to run with Luke and me the entire race. We definitely didn't set any records, but we enjoyed running our first "race" together.
Some of our friends in our ward that also ran that morning.
I actually ended up taking first place in my age division. Well, I guess I took first and last place since I was the only one in my age group, ha! I love that the award was a "Cold Stone" gift card. That is exactly my idea of what the award should be for running a 5k--- not power bars/gels, water bottles or fancy-shmancy drinks. Finally, someone normal out there.
We cashed in the winnings last night for FHE. I think Bryan will be running at his own pace next year with the knowledge of what he could possibly win. We're not counting on a repeat from me, unless I have the same amount of competitors. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment