Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Luke is officially a ONE-year-old!!! We kept the day pretty quiet around here, but still let the little man know that he is loved, especially on his important day.


"OOOooohhh, it's my birthday!?!"
We'll show you what we were up to today...


Opened presents.




A Laptop??? Seriously???




Close...a winter coat in a laptop box! :)

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Nielson!! We promise Luke is in the coat...somewhere!



Played outside.




Last, but not least, demolished a cake.



Started off a little timid...


Warmed up once he realized that he wasn't getting in trouble for his actions.



Decided to even share some of his birthday cake, so kind. YUM! 

Love this last picture of the "cake smash" or as we are calling it the "cake obliteration."

What a crazy, wonderful, exhausting, fulfilling, heart-wrenching, amazing, love-filled year.  I know there have been moments that I thought would never pass and other moments that I prayed would last forever. We feel so blessed to have Luke in our family. We love you Luke.


"While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about."
~Angela Schwindt






2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Luke! Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first year goes too fast. He is so cute. You are a great mom Laura it looks like your family has lots of fun. And your house looks beautiful! Will you come decorate mine? :) I miss ya.

    ReplyDelete