Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Great Weekend

A few weeks ago, Bryan's parents came out for a weekend visit. Bryan was able to go backpacking with his dad and brother in the Indian Peaks Wilderness area. It sounded like they had a great time (with a few glitches) and all of their hard work was rewarded with the gorgeous scenery.








Carrie and I held the fort down and had a great time! I put Carrie right to work with sewing curtains for Luke's room. This was a project I meant to do months ago, but I didn't have the courage and skills to see it through. Thank you Carrie for helping me out and doing it! I found the vintage airplane fabric several months back and fell in love with it. I also wanted to line the curtains with "blackout" fabric so Luke would sleep 23 hours a day. :) Carrie is an amazing seamstress and made the curtains without a single flaw. I love how they look in the nursery!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!













The next day, we ventured out for some lunch and shopping. I thought it might be a good idea to show Carrie what IKEA is all about---turned out to be pure chaos. We didn't last long; I began to feel way too claustrophobic. We recharged our batteries with the aide of Sonic's Happy Hour and an afternoon rest. We decided to head off to the outlets in the evening and found a bargain or two. Of course, Luke managed to take in as much Grandma time as possible!

We finished off the weekend by going to Erie (about 40 minutes north of us) to visit Mike and Melissa's family. It was nice to see family and to let the little cousins play!





No comments:

Post a Comment