We hiked to Crater Lake with fishing and huckleberry picking along the way. Round trip mileage was close to 15 miles. It was not an easy hike, but the girls did awesome. Bryan was our true sherpa as he carried a few packs the last couple of miles (the hardest miles!). I loved having Bryan along on this whole adventure. So often, he is the one that stays with our kids so I can fulfill my calling with the YW. Having him along just made everything easier and better. I valued that time with the YW and having Bryan there was an enormous cherry on top.
After our hike out, we bridge jumped, grabbed a bite to eat and dropped the girls off at home. There were lots of moving pieces to make these 3 days happen. Love serving the YW of our ward--these are some incredible girls!
Marzos sent me pics while we were away. It would appear that our kids had a great time while we were gone. Although, Myles' cold did get worse...and turned into beginning stages of pneumonia. Hopefully we're still friends. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment