Sunday, September 8, 2019

Oregon: Day 5&6

Heceta Head Lighthouse and tide pools were better than the previous day's tide pools. I could not believe how many star fish we found. From tiny baby ones to massive guys clinging to the rocks it captivated all of us for a long time. Luke and Gracie worked very hard on their sand fort. They took it fairly well when the tide rolled in and wiped it out. My kids could hear me singing in the background, "The foolish man built his house upon the sand..." :)















The flies were out in full force at this beach. It drove me bonkers, but the view and kids having fun made it not AS bad, but hold sanity check!!! AAAAhhhhh!!!!




As Bryana and I were packing up our car load, I thought I spied two bums taking a nap on the grass...

Upon closer inspection, it was Bryan's brother and dad. Haha! Four of five nights camping was catching up with all of us!


The next day we broke camp, packed up, recycled our plastic bottles and soda cans (plus the guy in front of us gave us his receipt for cash so the kids walked away with $5 each), and flew home! Steve, Carrie and Greg's family put forth a lot of effort in order for us to fly in and join them. The kids had an absolute blast with their cousins and Grandma and Grandpa Nielson.

No comments:

Post a Comment