Monday, September 16, 2019

Labor Day Weekend

We stayed close by for our holiday weekend, but still managed to get a lot done. We went up to the Fort Collins Temple on Saturday (about 3 hours away round trip). The McNeils joined us and we swapped watching each others kids at a nearby park while we each went. It was a good, but long day. We will be so happy when our Denver temple is open again in October. That night we joined the Salley's for an outdoor movie in their backyard along with some other friends.

Sunday, we were spoiled to dine with Groesbecks and try his homemade pizza--SO GOOD! Our kids provided the entertainment by arguing and fighting with each other. :) We also enjoyed a nice afternoon/evening at the new Deputy Parrish Park that opened right behind the kids' school.

Monday, we went up to Decker's and the kids and Bryan fished. The kids did better than I thought they might with stream fishing and spinners, ha! We still had our fair share of tangles and snags. Bryan managed to land a couple fish so we weren't skunked. I sent Bryan fishing solo the next weekend so he could actually fish. :) That afternoon, we closed down the neighborhood pool. Long live Summer! Colorado does have a wonderful September and this year has been no exception. I'm grateful for his because I am not ready for cold, snowy weather!






No comments:

Post a Comment