Monday, September 9, 2019

Back to School Feast 2019

We held our annual back to school feast. The kids requested fine dining of hot dogs. I was happy to oblige them! For dessert, we devoured our usual chocolate fondue with accompanying brownies, marshmallows, graham crackers, strawberries and blueberries. The theme for our family this year is, "We can do hard things" inspired by the scripture Matthew 19:26, "With God all things are possible." We wrote down or drew difficult things we have accomplished whether individually or as a family on our tablecloth then discussed these with each other. We talked about potential challenges and how we can help each other do hard things. I can't believe how quickly the years are going with our kids. This is the last year I have with a kid at home. Next year, Myles will attend full-day Kindergarten and I feel my heart strings being pulled on already. I definitely have days where I sprout 10 new gray hairs and my wrinkles deepen because of these three monkeys, but I learned so much about my "mothering heart" this Summer. I love these kids more than I can begin to articulate. I hope nothing but the best and brightest for them this school year.





















No comments:

Post a Comment