Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Konichiwa!

DAY 1

After much planning and anticipation, I was able to visit my parents on their mission in Japan. They are just shy of living there for 18 months. At times, it feels like they left yesterday and other times it feels more like 18 years! I am grateful for their example of devotion, testimony, service, love, endurance, power of prayer, the list could go on and on. I love my parents and realize the older I become how incredibly blessed I am because of their choices. I read this quote awhile ago, and feel the truth of it even more after visiting my parents," If I turn into my Mother, or even half the woman she is, I'll consider my life a successful one." (The same could be said of my Dad.)

My oldest brother, Dan, was already in Tokyo for work. Tom and I flew out the same day, but different airlines and arrived in Japan the next day within an hour-ish of each other. It was a 13.5 hour flight from Dallas for me. I quite enjoyed my solitude on the plane. :)

It was wonderful to see my parents and give them a big hug.  How I have missed them! Tom was a "little" jet-lagged (he couldn't remember anything about that night the next day), so we visited on the train back to the area where we stayed, grabbed a quick bite of sushi and called it a night. It was about an hour and a half from the airport to the apartment we stayed in. My parents' apartment is very "modest." We stayed in a different apartment that was currently unoccupied, but would soon be when the next missionary couple arrived to take my parents' place in a few weeks after we left. Not too many pictures this day, but there are definitely more pictures to come!




I strolled by the uppity sleeper pods on the way back to the lower class section of the airplane.  


Lots of blue for lots of hours. 


This is actually the next day, but I felt that I couldn't do an accounting of the first day without a pic of the gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment