The church building is just a few minutes from their apartment. The mission home and office is right next door to the church. I loved seeing where everything was and catching a glimpse of what my parents' world had been like that past 18 months.
I loved seeing and hearing the hymns in Japanese.
Fun to see this gem hanging up in the hall at church.
We spent part of the afternoon visiting with one of my parents' friends. The highlight of the visit was when I launched a piece of fruit (still up for debate which type of fruit took flight) across the room in attempts to cut it with my fork. I failed etiquette 101.
We walked from my parents' apartment, to their friend, Yuishi(?), and then to the train station. I liked the walks and found it fun to catch glimpses of what life in Japan might be like.
This is looking down the road where we stayed. There were usually bikers. pedestrians, an occasional car, but this day was unusually quiet.
The neighborhood park looked a little different than the ones I was use to seeing in Colorado.
I loved the bikes with kid seats and attachments. Carpooling in Japan would be more challenging!
That night, we visited Rainbow Bridge. I enjoyed visiting on the train ride in and seeing the lights of the city.
What a great day...Susamay!

You look hot cha cha in that church pic! Your parents are so awesome in so many different ways.
ReplyDelete