Tom and I went on a tenkara rod search in Ikebukuro and Shibuya. We experienced a moment or two of where the heck are we going? But someone was always willing to help us out. Although, in Shibuya a police officer sent us in a direction where we were exposed to the most filth and poverty I'd seen while visiting Japan. I was glad Tom was with me. The tenkara rod is a type of fly fishing pole and style that originated in Japan. It turned into quite the wild goose chase. We did find the "Red Sniper" but it was a little pricey. Instead, I bought some tenkara flies for Bryan. It's the thought that counts, right???
We popped into another noodle place. I couldn't quit giggling about the Fisher-Price-sized table and chairs.
We met up with my parents that evening and made plans for getting to the airport the next day. It was an incredible time. I wish all of my siblings could have made it. I'm so grateful for Bryan who really pushed me and encouraged me to go. I'm blessed to have many close friends that took turns watching the kids so Bryan could go into work. Carrie and Steve came the last few days and provided the help that Bryan and the kids needed at the tail end. HUUUGE thanks to everyone that supported me!
Until we meet again!
No comments:
Post a Comment