I think I could tour all of Japan on a bullet train. It was very smooth and comfortable. I loved spending this time with my mom and chatting the afternoon away.
We arrived in Kyoto in the evening. After a not so helpful taxi driver and then an extremely kind woman, we found our hotel in Kyoto. For dinner, we visited a restaurant known for their gyozas (pot stickers). We ordered several rounds. Tom and my dad voted that their favorite was the wasabi chicken. After it cleared out my sinuses by what felt like a blazing fire, I could not give it my vote. Good thing there were plenty other gyozas to pick from! Kyoto was the most tourist-filled place we visited. Not a bad thing. I was surprised we hadn't seen more tourists sooner.
After dinner, we stumbled across the Mecca of souvenir shopping. It seemed like the evening worked out well.
Our shrimp appetizer.
The waiter told us we could eat it whole; head, eyes and all. I couldn't do it! Not surprisingly, my dad enjoyed them. We joked that the staff at the restaurant was placing bets on what they could get us to eat.
I didn't take a pic of the endless shopping. I was having too much fun! Outside, these lanterns were everywhere. I'm not sure if they're symbolic or decorative. Either way, very cool.
Once we were back at the hotel, I decided to embrace the culture and checked out the Japanese baths. It was a calm, relaxing end to a busy day.
Now I want pot stickers... And I would like some further details about the Japanese baths😉
ReplyDelete