Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Skyline Rink

Several of our friends told us about Southwest's Skyline ice skating rink in Downtown Denver. Last Saturday we decided to go check it out. We were there right when it opened and avoided the overcrowding that we heard can happen. The only fee is $2 for the skate rentals. There was also free hot chocolate. I love Southwest even more. They do not allow babies on the ice (makes sense) so Bryan and I took turns on and off the ice with Myles. Luke was content to fly solo with an "ice walker" and Emma liked having Bryan or myself with her. It worked out well.


The kids were impressed by the tall buildings and massive cranes. 








It was a gorgeous day. We were almost too warm wearing our coats.




After ice skating, we grabbed a bite at Smash Burger and then walked down Larimer Street that was decked out in support of the Broncos.







Myles and I dropped off Bryan, Luke and Emma at Union Station and they took the light rail as close to Castle Rock as they could. I met picked them up at the Lincoln Station and we all headed back home. It was a great time. The kids keep asking when we can go back.


Luke has loved trains ever since he first discovered them.





Looks like Emma made herself comfortable and enjoyed the ride.





1 comment: