Sunday, December 6, 2020

So Long, Goodbye, See ya later...!!

I was released from my calling as YW's president after three years. It was definitely bittersweet. I really tried to give my whole heart to this calling and it felt consuming at times. When I was called, there were roughly 25 YW in our ward, when I was released, we were almost double that number due to lots of new move-ins and our primary girls coming into YWs.  I'm grateful for Bryan and his ability to support me and keep the home fires burning while I was needed to serve. I love those girls I was able to serve and I know I had personal growth that would not have been possible without this calling. I was also blessed to serve with some incredible women. The highlights were watching these YW progress in their testimonies and even watching one YW help reactivate her entire family. I get goosebumps even typing this. I felt like I was witnessing miracles from our Heavenly Father and could feel His love for these girls. I also loved helping get the YW outdoors more. After watching 5 brothers ahead of me growing up and their experiences in the outdoors through the church vs. mine, I was determined to create more opportunities in the outdoors for these girls. Luckily, I was married to the right man to help me with this endeavor. It was one of the hardest callings and most rewarding for me. I will miss those girls and associations with incredible women, but that's probably about all I will miss. :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment