Bryan organized a family trip for us for our last Hurrah of Summer 2020. We tried our luck with fishing on our way to the hotel that night, but didn't end up with too much. I ended up getting the bejeezers scared out of me when I stepped on a snake in the grass! After that, I was fine to wait by the campfire/table until it was time go.
After this pitstop, we drove to the Los Pinos area for our backpacking. The backpacking was an easy 4 mile hike in. I loved our spot right by the river. The kids had a great time playing in the river, making a shower spot in the trees and exploring this new area.
After a few nights of backpacking, we ventured to Glenwood Springs.
We had some time to kill before the adventure park open so we visited a little park in town and easily killed an hour or two there.
A massive fire, Grizzly Creek Fire, erupted while we were visiting the area. The only silver lining for this fire was hardly anyone at the adventure park due to all the smoke.
Even the news crews were there to broadcast the fire.
Unwinding at the hotel with tv and breakfast in bed, oh wait, I guess just as close as they can get to the tv. :)
The major freeway, I-70, was shut down due to the fire, so all of the freeway traffic was detoured through roads like this. We ended up on quite the tour of Colorado. It was an awesome trip. Grateful for Bryan and all of his grand plans and making it happen. Love the memories we're making as a family.


































No comments:
Post a Comment