Tuesday, February 12, 2019
12 Days of Christmas
I remember growing up doing the 12 days of Christmas to other families in our ward/neighborhood. I remember the feelings as a kid delivering the present for the day and the excitement of "what if we get caught" or "do you think they'll like it"? I'm grateful for parents that helped me to look outward at a time when so much emphasis can be placed on oneself. Bryan and I started this tradition with our own family a few years ago. This year we decided on a family that was new to our neighborhood. We thought we were pretty sly, but the last night they caught us! We didn't realize we were caught until a package appeared on our front doorstep all by itself a day or two later with a note. The kids were initially disappointed that our cover was blown, but when we talked about the note and what their family felt over the past 12 days then our kids' attitudes dramatically changed. I know that our family felt more love, joy and meaning of the Christmas season as we served this family in a simple way. We love this tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment