Friday, May 18, 2018

Young Women

I have been serving as the Young Women's President in our ward for the past 8 months. It is a busy calling, but I have wonderful women serving with me. We have 24 young women that keep me on my toes. At the end of this year, we will have 22 Beehives, just Beehives! That's a whole YW organization by itself! I have genuinely loved serving them and getting to know these girls. Being with the youth is a fun place to be in our church. I sometimes need to remind myself that I am a leader and maybe shouldn't cannon ball into the pool at Youth Conference. Maybe I'll mature more in this next year, highly unlikely. In complete honesty, it is also the hardest calling I've ever accepted and has stretched my emotional capacity at times. Thank goodness for Bryan who is extremely supportive. As he refers to himself, "The FIRST assistant to the President." He helps me laugh about things that otherwise might have the opposite effect on me! :)

We did a "Bob Ross" activity for one of our mutuals. I set it up in the basement and most of the priests and laurels were pretty into it, considering their art supplies were a little sub par compared to what Bob was using. Luke and Emma judged the artwork and picked the winners. The YM president awarded the winners Bob Ross shirts, it was hilarious. Fun night with the youth.










No comments:

Post a Comment