





Kelly and I tried to improve on our selfie game, but Elizabeth is still queen of taking selfies.


I saw a museum of hunting and fishing and thought, "What would Bryan do?" This picture was in honor of him.
We thought our next stop was St. Peter's Church, but it was actually the Holy Ghost Church. We were way off! None of the descriptions when we were inside were matching up, ha! We were also approached by a couple of homeless people. Makes a little more sense in hindsight. We found the correct church at the end of our day, pretty funny.


Viktualienmarkt: This was a lot of fun to walk through and see all of the produce, flowers, meat and cheese. I can only imagine this area in peak tourist season!




We stopped at this cafe to enjoy a pastry. I guess when it is their busy time with tourists, the line can take over an hour! We enjoyed our treat within just a few minutes.


I also enjoyed this fruit tart and the thickest hot chocolate! It really did seem like they melted a chocolate bar and maybe added a little cream. Delicious.

Our next stop was the Asam (Awesome) Church. The part that I liked the most here was the flat ceiling that was painted to give the illusion of a dome.




We stopped into another church or two (they all started to look similar to me, ha!) and then made our way to the iconic twin dome cathedral, Frauenkirche.



This is what it looked like after the War.


Up next was a "fancy grocery store" is how I would phrase it, Dallmayr Delicatessen. So many fun things to see in here. I picked up a few souvenirs for friends back home that were helping with kids.





The Hofbrauhous was stop 8/11 for the day. One of the most famous beer halls-a natural pitstop for three mormons. It felt like stepping back in time when we went to the top floor where there was an afternoon dance being held.


Our second to last stop was going to the top of the Glockenspiel tower for a view of the city.










We went back to the Hofbrauhaus for dinner that night. The music was spot on "Oompa" style-just like you would imagine in a beer hall. The food left something to be desired; it's like that place is known for its beer, but we wouldn't know! Cheers to our water-drinking table!





















A trip for the books!!
ReplyDelete