Thursday, April 26, 2018

GERMANY/AUSTRIA BONUS DAY

We booked our flight out for Saturday, but our connecting flight through Iceland was canceled due to bad weather. The airline rebooked us to fly out Sunday and put us up in the same hotel we stayed at the previous night, plus food vouchers. As far as travel plans being canceled, this was the ideal (no sleeping in airports). I did not look forward to sending that text to Bryan...he was still a lone man for 24 more hours! He took it very well. 

With half the day still in front of us we began brainstorming--my suggestions were a "little" out of reach and needed to be reeled in, but most importantly we found some food while we decided what to do with our bonus day. We all agreed that biking around the English Gardens was a good idea. We experienced our first rain of the trip, but it didn't spoil anything. Kelly's bike sounded like a motorbike, similar to the kind little boys make with a straw on their bike tire. It was hilarious to all three of us. It was a great way to the end the trip. Love these ladies-not only did I have a blast with them, but I realized over and over again that I am surrounded by incredible friends.











No comments:

Post a Comment