Tuesday, April 24, 2018

GERMANY/AUSTRIA DAY 5

We followed Elizabeth's lead and caught a train for Salzburg. We visited lots more and took in the sights of the countryside. Upon arriving in Salzburg, we checked into our hotel, shopped for souvenirs, grabbed a quick bite for lunch and made our way to our official first stop of the day, our apple strudel cooking class! The class was a hole in the wall--literally in a cave--and added to the overall experience. We all shared some pretty good laughs during our cooking class and agreed this was one of the highlights.









 










IMG_3800












 We burned some of our taste buds off as we hurried to make it to Mozart's Birth home/museum. How could I go to Salzburg and not see this?!? It was interesting and mind boggling trying to wrap my brain around how one person was capable of composing such incredible music from a ridiculously early age!






After the museum, we went to a concert featuring several of Mozart's sonatas played by a violinist and someone on the harpsichord (a harpsichordist?). My piano teacher, Mrs. Thornock, would have been proud of me when I didn't applaud between movements. :) I would have loved to hear a pianist,  but due to our schedule and safety, we stuck with this one. I am so glad! It was beautiful. When in Salzburg, live Mozart music is a must.









No comments:

Post a Comment