Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mister Myles

My parents flew in on the 11th and my induction was scheduled for the 12th. Everything appeared to be lining up until I called the morning of the 12th to make sure they had a room for me in Labor and Delivery. Sadly, I was told that they were completely full and "elective" inductions were being bumped. "Elective" in whose eyes?!? We stayed close that day because they kept dangling the carrot that maybe they could get me in later. Well, nothing happened that day, so they called me at almost 11 PM that night to confirm that I was on the schedule for tomorrow at 6:30 AM Nice heads up. (Luckily, I had already called in hours earlier and found out the game plan.) I kept telling Bryan that I would believe that we were having this baby once I was holding him in my arms. :)
Well, the morning of the 13th arrived and after being in a holding pattern at the hospital for a few hours, the induction was finally under way. It was probably my most difficult labor (how can I even type that when I choose to get epidurals??) but easiest delivery. It was so tender and sweet to finally be holding Myles in my arms and welcoming him to our family. He weighed in at 8 pounds 3 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He is perfect.













Heading Home!





He tends to be most awake in the morning time. 







I guess this is what happens with the third child. I have two pictures documenting his first bath, and the other one is blurry. :) He is obviously not a fan of his baths, but he does looooove getting his hair washed.


 He is such a snuggler (darn it)! We are all quite smitten by him. 

Welcome Baby Myles.










3 comments:

  1. He really is perfect and so handsome. Sweet boy needs to be in Auntie Elizabeth's arms ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is perfect and so handsome. Sweet boy needs to be in Auntie Elizabeth's arms ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetheart! There's nothing quite like having a baby in the house. I'm excited for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete