At the beginning of 2017, Bryan and I set a goal to attend the temple once a month together. There were months that were definitely trickier to make it (kids being sick, babysitters canceling, work schedules, life in general), but we stuck to our goal and made it 12 out of 12 months.
I wanted to write down a few things I don't want to forget about this past year with our goal. We put cash in an envelope at the beginning of the year to pay our babysitter when we attended the temple (sitters can be expensive!). Our cash envelope was never empty throughout the year. I realize to compare it to the loaves of bread and fish story in the Bible is a bit extreme, but Bryan and I both commented how long the cash in our envelope lasted.
It was reiterated to me over and over again that the temple is a place of peace. No matter what struggles or heartaches we are experiencing, the temple is a true refuge from the storm.
Love this man and am grateful for his desire and push to set this goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment