Thursday, February 8, 2018
Baptism Preview
I cannot believe that Luke will be turning EIGHT-years-old this year! Crazy. Time really does go quickly. He and I attended his baptism preview at the church. It was helpful for Luke--and me--to go through the baptism tour of seeing the font, bathroom/changing room and discuss who will be there, what will be said and the general expectations of that day (Bryan was home sick with the other kids). He told me later that the talks and other information they discussed was "pretty boring." I think he was mostly in it for the donuts after the meeting. :) One of my favorite thoughts of the night came from our Bishop. He asked the kids, "Why do you get baptized?" One child replied, "To follow the example of Jesus." Our Bishop replied, "That's right! Anytime you try to follow the example of Jesus Christ, you will be doing the right thing." I loved that. So simply stated. He discussed more details of why we are baptized, but I really liked the above thought. I'm happy and excited for our Luke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment