I practiced up before going on my first assignment flying solo and I was glad I did! I taught class sizes of 1-15 depending on the time of day. Practicing at home was perfect because I knew if I could keep my kids' attention while teaching, I might have a shot with some of the doctors. :) Luke was quite disturbed by my headless/armless torso on the bed when he came home one night! I had to reassure him several times that it was just pretend.
Monday, May 15, 2017
ZOLL
A few months ago a friend told me about a job opportunity with his company, ZOLL. Bryan and I thought it over and decided to go for it. It is a per diem/part time gig. Basically, when the sales reps sell defibrillators to the hospitals, they need clinical educators (where I come in) to go in afterwards and educate the staff on the use of defibrillators. I started it in April and have been hopping on a plane about every other week in attempts to get up to par on my training. Bryan has been amazing through all of this. His parents came out for a few days and also helped. We greatly appreciated their time and help. Our kids loved when they came and ask when they can come again. I'm really enjoying my work, but am looking forward to scaling it back now that I'm more comfortable with the expectations of the job. I'm still balancing cutting back on piano students to only one day. I think once the piano recital is over this week and I'm not on a plane every other week with my nursing job I will be able to catch my breath! I never had any idea the different avenues my nursing degree would take me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

😂😂 just put the mannequin on the bear rug, your kids won't have ANY nightmares 😉 loved seeing the posts
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great job (other than teaching doctors haha). Nursing is so versitile. Good for you!!
ReplyDelete