Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Mother's Day

I simply felt loved on Mother's Day. Bryan gave me the day off of cooking by making me amazing meals. The kids showered me with homemade gifts that melted my heart and made me feel like I might be doing okay at this mom-thing...that feeling lasted for 5 minutes. :)
My heart really was so full of gratitude for women that have played a role in supporting me and now my family. From my mother, mother-in-law, aunts, cousins, sister-in-laws, friends, neighbors and even the stranger at the grocery store that offers a kind smile instead of a scowl when my 2-year-old is throwing a tantrum...I'm beginning to realize how powerful we can be when we look to support each other and not look down to judge one another. I'm a pretty firm believer that when it comes to being a mom, most of us are trying our very best.
The other night, I was talking to my mom about an activity they did for their youth at church. It was a career night. As each person talked about their job, whether it was a judge, police officer or social worker, each of them concluded at the end, "But my most important job is that of being a father/mother." I felt that tightness in my throat and tears in my eyes when she shared this. I have worked on and off while being a mom. Lately, quite a bit more. I find enjoyment from these other jobs. However, I find the most happiness and know that my most important job is that of being a mother. I am blessed to be one. I love Luke, Emma and Myles with my whole heart. Anxiety, gray hairs and wrinkles have increased with that love, but I realize that is part of giving my heart to these kids. It is worth it.


Apparently, Luke thinks I'm balding and I like to wear my hair in pigtails. I loved it like only a mother would.


My favorite arrangement of flowers.


"I love my mom."





The nursery leaders were cute and helped Myles make this for me.







Did I mention one of my love languages is "feed me"???
For dinner he served tri-tip steak off the smoker with mashed potatoes, asparagus and kool-aid gushers to complete the meal. By everyone's standards, it was delicious.


 I realized I hadn't take one picture with my kids on Mother's Day and according to social media, that was borderline sacrilegious. Bryan snapped a few before bed and it captured our crazy...our every day...and my tired eyes. :)







1 comment: