Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Valentine's Day!

My mom flew in the night before Valentine's Day and we kept it a surprise for Luke and Emma. When Luke woke up Valentine's morning and discovered that Grandma was here he was in heaven. He promptly started showing Grandma what was new around the house (as in his new toys from Christmas). He told me later that day, "I'm just so happy Grandma came to see me. She makes me so happy." I don't think we'll be able to do another Valentine's day when Luke feels more loved than that!




We enjoyed a festive breakfast and exchanged Valentines. 

My mom brought an entire suitcase (literally, the suitcase was full) of my favorite bread for me. This makes the most delicious toast. Since I eat toast for about 90% of my breakfasts, I was elated. It's the simple things. :)





Bryan and I both worked that day. My mom stayed with the kids and even volunteered to take Luke and Emma to a Valentine's party. I don't know if their day could have been any better! 

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Mom's are just the best! Mom's, and delicious toast. It's a great combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, i miss that bread more then i should...

    ReplyDelete