Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Swim***Bike***Run

After months of planning and attempting to train, I completed "My Way or the Tri Way" sprint triathlon with my training buddy, Elizabeth. We had great support from our husbands through this entire process, hats off to them...

Oh, and these two little guys on the grass.





We started with a 750 meter open water swim. Open water means that we swam in a reservoir, not a pool and that we were kicked/punched in the mayhem of it all. :) Did I mention that I signed up and paid money to do this??? 
Making the run back to the transition area from the reservoir.




This is the transition area-pic taken before the tri began, my hair doesn't dry that fast :). Can be a little tricky finding your bike when there are 300+ other bikes in this area.



DSC_0117
Next came a 12 mile bike ride through rolling hills, "rolling" may have been an understatement, or a statement about my training. (Thank you Elizabeth for the pics)



DSC_0143
We finished it off with a 3.5 mile run. It was a tough course, but it felt OH-SO-GOOD completing it! Loved seeing these two guys along the course, and especially at the finish line! Woot! Woot!


4 comments:

  1. Laura!! You rock! That's quite the accomplishment. Looks like you have a good friend there too which is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SUPER cool that you did that! I have always wanted to and that one sounds more doable than most (although I probably would drown hahaha)
    Way to Go at being a one buff Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Laura! I'm super impressed, but not surprised that you are am amazing triathlete.

    ReplyDelete