There were many happenings while we visited family in Utah. Bryan decided to go on a backpacking trip with Tom and Paul in the Uintahs. I think that Bryan was the most excited about this trip. I should let him out of the house more often. :) Tom and Paul endured the hike and lived to tell about it, which was comical, as always.
Paul has a very generous heart and packed an entire sack of potatoes up to their campsite to share.
Puts a new spin on packing the essentials. :)
While Bryan was out exploring, I was having a great time at home with the family on our own adventures. Luke had lots of fun playing with cousins and receiving oodles of attention. On Saturday, Ben and Mindi took us boating. I loved it!! It seems that Colorado doesn't have very many lakes/reservoirs and so boating is a little more difficult to come by. We busted out the tube and even the 1980's slalom ski. By some small miracle I was able to get up on the ski, maybe it was due to the taunting of my nephew that I wouldn't be able to get up and I needed to prove I was still cool and young. :) Granted, I could be barely walk the next day, but it felt great to be out on the water again.
It was great to be able to see everyone that we could! Here are a few more shots of the fam...



Looks like fun!!! Luke is looking so grown up. Family trips are always so busy, but if you have a spare moment on your next trip give us a call!
ReplyDelete