Saturday night they made their "surprise" arrival. We hung around the house that night and Sunday. It was helpful having two extra sets of hands with the kids at church on Sunday. We played lots of games. Sleeping Queens continues to be the popular one. Grandma taught the kids "Garbage" which has also become a favorite.
Monday, I let Luke skip school and we took my parents on a tour of Hammond's Candy Factory. They were cranking out a lot of candy compared to the last time I visited. We were all entertained and enjoyed this stop.
Making candy canes.
Luke's reaction to seeing all of the chocolate and candy being made.
We attempted a group shot...
Like I said, we attempted. :)
Next, we headed to Casa Bonita for lunch. After several friends told me how much their kids enjoy this restaurant, we decided this was the perfect excuse to try it out. The food was sub-par and the acting horrible, but the kids LOVED it, which made all of us truly enjoy it.
The gun fight really startled the kids and they wouldn't take their hands down until this part was over.
Luke and Emma pulling their gorilla faces (why yes, a gorilla was part of the acting crew).
On Tuesday, my mom and I squeezed in some shopping while my dad started cranking out a project for me in our laundry room. I wanted a board with hooks to hang our swim stuff from when we get home from swimming.
I loved how it turned out and I think our laundry room is officially the nicest room in our home. Thanks Dad! I do spend a decent amount of time in here, so I greatly appreciate it!
On the last day of their visit, we caught Luke for school lunch and recess. It was a bit of a zoo, but he was still teary-eyed when I left. This Luke, he is my goofy and tender-hearted boy!
Thanks for coming Mom and Dad! We love you and are so happy you are home!
So happy they could come out! What do you mean sub par...Casa Bonita is THE BEST Mexican food in town;) Love the group photo sequence. I want to play this Sleeping Queens!
ReplyDeleteSo glad they are home and came for a visit! Looks like so much fun!
ReplyDelete