I feel like Christmas keeps getting more and more fun each year. The magic of Christmas is alive in each of our kids. I love these years with our young kids. They can be hard and demanding, but I realize time is going quickly and I don't want to regret not experiencing life through their eyes.
Luke woke up at 4:00 AM. I didn't hear him, but apparently Bryan told him to go back to sleep. He was up again at 5:00 AM, then Emma followed shortly after. Myles senses when a party is about to happen and was bright eyed and bushy-tailed by 5:45 AM. I know it was ridiculously early, but I was as excited as the kids to head downstairs.
Opening stocking gifts.
Santa delivered real make-up (instead of pretend make-up like she asked for) and this was Emma's reaction.
The fun, magic, love and mess of Christmas surpassed all of my hopes. We enjoyed opening all of our presents and even started playing with some of them before heading off to 9:00 church. The perks of an early start. I enjoyed attending church on Christmas Sunday. It reminded our family of the true meaning and love for Christmas. There was a special Sacrament meeting with a music program. The choir and other musical numbers were wonderful. Bryan was incredible and juggled all three kids on the bench as I accompanied the primary kids and was asked to play a solo of "Joy to the World." I practiced and prepared and still shook like a leaf, just like I did at my recitals. I was relieved when it was over, but happy that I could truly proclaim "Joy to the World" in my own musical way. I'm so grateful that our Savior was born.
When we returned home from church, as if on cue, snow started falling for only 20 minutes. This was such a fun surprise as there was no chance of snow in the forecast! We had such a fun day together, enjoyed the traditional New England Boiled Dinner that my Grandma Kotter and Mom would make and went to bed completely content with our memories made this Christmas.
Luke and Emma noticed the snow starting to fall right as I attempted to take their picture.
Two-minutes later he was exhausted and almost falling asleep in his food.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment