Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa Nielson

Bryan's parents came for a visit over the holiday weekend. It was fun to have them here. The kids loved having extra attention and rough housing with grandpa. They spoiled us and came with literally boxes of peaches, apples, cantaloupes, tomatoes, zucchini…so delicious (and they didn't get busted at the California border)!!! One night, Steve made peach cobbler and it was extremely tasty. The next night, they followed it up with white chocolate chip lemon cookies. I was getting quite use to them being around!

The highlights of our weekend included target practice with nerf guns, backyard baseball, rat trap sandwiches, The California Railroad Museum, a train ride and catching a glimpse of Old Sacramento. We ran out of time in Old Sacramento, but would love to return soon and see all that it has to offer.



Photo credit: Luke














Emma did really well for the first half of the train ride, but once she was informed that she could not place her hands outside the window, it was a deal breaker. I broke my phone out. Everyone was happy.




This little angel was experiencing some "hanger" after the train ride. Grandma and Grandpa treated us to lunch and cured Emma of her "hanger." I'm guessing her genetic predisposition came from Emma's maternal side of the family. :)

They have about 10 'Thomas the Train' and 'Chuggington' train tables.




Old Sacramento
It was slightly chaotic on the holiday.















Emma worked her charm to the best of her abilities to try to convince them to stay longer. We'll keep our fingers crossed for another visit that's not too far down the road. 









1 comment:

  1. I do believe I mentioned the train museum in my top three reasons to move to Sacramento so I'm taking credit for these memories.

    ReplyDelete