Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Burney Falls

It seems unfair to post this right after Hidden Falls, because there is no comparison between these two. The falls were called "the Eighth Wonder of the World" by Theodore Roosevelt. I was worried that I might be underwhelmed seeing them in person after viewing pictures online, but it was breath taking. I only wish the water came from a hot spring, instead the water is a very chilly 40-something degrees. We will leave our swimsuits home, thank you.







I dare you to take a drink from this water fountain.





Someone was getting a little tuckered out. We continued the short hike around the falls and made our way back to the campsite.




Can you see the deer???
I promise, it's there.






How about now?




Love the spring in Luke's step, even going uphill.



Car camping at its finest-roller suitcase.


The boys woke up earlier than the ladies, so they headed back to the waterfall for more pictures.


Luke started off excited...




After the 100th pic, his face began to reflect more of, "Are you kidding me?"





This one and….



this one are my favorites.



Enjoying breakfast, which may have included bananas and s'mores before hitting the road.



Saw "Big Roy" on our way to Lassen Volcanic National Park.


Pulled over at a lake to grill our delicious hot dogs and feed ignore the wildlife in the park.




Lassen Volcanic National Park


We watched a 20 minute video that gave the history of the park. Luke found it really interesting. He was disappointed when the volcanoes didn't make any smoke while we were there.

 Preschool starts next week for Luke and I think our "up and go" will be more limited. It's been fun to squeeze in these trips and explore around us.



No comments:

Post a Comment