Friday, August 22, 2014

Muir Woods

After we hiked out of Point Reyes and reached our car we decided to keep the good times rolling. Muir Woods was roughly 45 minutes away so we fired up the GPS and headed down California State Highway 1---I think it is one of the most curvy/motion sickness inducing roads I've driven. It is gorgeous. It follows along, I mean it follows the EDGE, of the California Coast. I thought I was being a cautious driver, but when Bryan flinched, desperately grabbed the door and exclaimed, "You're making me nervous!" on one of the sharper turns, I realized I wasn't being as cautious as I thought! It was hilarious and he still gives me a hard time, which really makes me laugh-I was channeling my inner Nascar driver.

Side note-we drove through Stinson Beach. It was an adorable beach town. I would love to go back and check it out on another trip.

We arrived at Muir Woods along with thousands of our closest friends. To say it was busy, would be a serious understatement. We lucked out and scored a great parking spot (after a slight "discussion" with another driver). We unloaded the kids and made our way to the entrance.


It was odd to me, but it felt like we had to keep the kids quiet. There were so many people, but it was so quiet that we were definitely the attention getters. 



We didn't linger too long, but it was impressive. 

The kids thought the big trees were "neat," but after seeing 10 big trees, they were over it.
I'm glad we stopped and loved seeing things I've never seen before.




No comments:

Post a Comment