Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Just Another Day...Well, Almost

On Sunday, Luke took a nasty spill off one of the benches at church. The next day he was still crying anytime we picked him up under his left arm and would occasionally cry out and grab his chest. After consulting one of my favorite resources, Web MD, it looked like he either had a broken collar bone or a terminal illness. I made an appointment with the pediatrician and 2.5 hours later he confirmed the diagnosis of a broken collar bone.

Luke is suppose to wear a sling as it heals. YEAH. RIGHT. Even the doc was like, "I'm required to do this, but it never fits toddlers, and it turns into more of a choking hazard than anything." It's a good thing I really like this doc, because we've been getting a lot of face time lately.

Here is Luke modeling his sling.



 I have a broken what???



"Yeah, well, you should have seen the other guy."





Nothing will slow this little turkey down.




Demonstrating the true effectiveness of the sling.



We expect 1-2 more weeks of the pain. In 4-6 weeks it should be almost healed and by 6-12 months like it never happened. I was telling my sister-in-law about the unfortunate event and she replied that she calls those, "special church blessings."   Can I get an amen??? :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens! Poor kiddo. But look at that boy! He is so adorable, I can't get over his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. . . I nearly laughed myself to tears reading this post because I can totally see Ezra in every one of these pictures. We need to get those two together. Poor kid, he is so stinkin cute. That little grin of his is TO DIE FOR. Good luck with the sling. It looks like you'll need it. What a tough champ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious! Sad that he broke his collar bone and at church of all places but they way you explain things cracks me up. It looks like you'll be using Motrin for him more than the sling.

    I was hoping I'd see "the bird" :)

    ReplyDelete