Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Friends and Fondue

When we lived in Broomfield, I went to a fondue night that a lady in our church put on for all of the women in our ward. It was so much fun. When we moved to Castle Rock, I knew that I wanted to try something like that here. She shared with me her experiences of what's flopped and what's worked, her recipes and in general, is my fondue guru.

On Saturday night, we had friends over to enjoy fondue and the evening with us. I did three "stations" of cheese, meats and veggies and desserts. Everyone brings something and it goes a long ways! Also, if someone has a fondue pot, we borrow it for the evening. I didn't get too many pics of the evening and the ones we do have are slightly sub-par, but there is at least some documentation of it!



The only picture I have of the cheese station, my apologies to Steven (and myself) for the picture. We used apples and bread for dipping in the cheese.




I used 3 fondue pots of broth and 1 pot of oil for the meats and veggies.



The dessert table with a chocolate fountain and caramel fondue to dip any of these items in.



We had a wonderful time! It's hard to go wrong with good friends and good food. Happy Fondue-ing!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! It looks so fun, and you set it up so beautifully! Looks like it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sit down I have something to tell you...I've updated my blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very fun!! You did a great job hosting! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete