Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Folks

My parents came out last week for a visit. I was pretty lame-o and didn't plan too much to do. One of the highlights was making caramel apples with my mom.
Waiting for the caramel to reach that perfect stage...maybe we should have started this project sooner than 9:00 PM!


YUM!
 12 caramel apples...4 people...fantastic.


My dad killing some time with genealogy work. I'm always impressed and grateful for how much he is accomplishing.


The 13-inches of snow that we received in one night contributed to us laying low.



Bryan and I had our first full night away since Luke was born. Enormous amount of thanks to my parents for watching Luke. Grandma Kotter showed Luke how to be a big helper in the kitchen. He is now the master of our kitchen sink. I don't even think about turning the water on without first getting our Higness his step-stool. :)
When I dropped my parents off at the airport Luke had fallen asleep and woke up when we were getting the bags out. He was slightly dazed and confused, but when he saw his grandparents walking through the doors, he snapped awake and lost it. I was chopped liver. After some comfort food and a good nap, he was feeling a little better about the world. Definitely a coping mechanism learned from his mother.

2 comments: