Friday, November 18, 2011

Book Club

Last night I hosted our church book club. I really enjoyed the book that we read, Unbroken. It is a true story about a WWII POW and his amazing journey of survival and then forgiveness. I would definitely recommend this book, but be warned that this is a war book, not necessarily a light read.
We had a fun night of visiting and eating some fall treats.

                                                   Lydia                                                              Janet

                                                     Diane                                                     Sarrai and Bonita


The spread.


I attempted my first pumpkin roll. I watched several videos on YouTube for some pointers. It turned out okay, it at least looked like a pumpkin roll! I might try a recipe with a little more pumpkin spice to it next time.

Homemade jalapeno jelly (thanks to Alysa!!) spread over cream cheese.


Apples and Skor dip.

Hard to go wrong when every dish has cream cheese in the ingredient list. :)



 

1 comment:

  1. You're food looks delish!!! You're such a good little hostess. Want to come help me with Thanksgiving? :)

    ReplyDelete