Monday, June 6, 2011

Grandparents: Any time is a good time.

Last week, my dad surprised my mom (and me!) and booked some last minute tickets to come out to see us! We felt very lucky to have them here for a few days. I managed to put them right to work! We did some hunting at the local stores and nurseries for tomato and basil plants, perennials, and a few annuals. We planted them in the backyard in our little garden space. I'm crossing my fingers that I can keep them alive for at least a week...we'll see.
Next project, I used the fabric that I scored at a yard sale a few weeks ago ($1.50 for almost 8 yards) to make some curtains and pillows. My mom kept Luke busy so I could be more efficient without my"helper" assisting me.  She also made sure that my square pillows didn't transform into triangles and that the curtains looked like actual curtains. I will post pictures of the above projects at some point. (Maybe...only if my plants survive)  :)

After we finished up our projects, we decided to get out and enjoy the nice weather. We went on a little hike at Roxborough State Park. We managed to wait until the hottest time of the day, good planning on my part. My parents were good sports.  It is a very pretty place, especially this time of year. I love the green trees and bushes against the contrasting red rock.






Like I said, it was a little hot... :)
Thanks so much for coming!
We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment