We ventured out on our first camping trip of the season. HOORAY for Colorado Camping!! Overall, we had a good time and will continue to make camping part of our "family fun" memories. However, we did learn a few "golden nuggets" along the way.
Blankets are for decoration only.
Dirt is delicious, especially mixed with sticks.
Dirt must be sampled in a variety of locations, quality control, you might say.
I really, REALLY need to find shoes that will stay on his feet. Any suggestions for extra wide and thick baby feet?
We spend too much money on toys. Next time, I'm bringing home a few pieces of scrap wood.
Hiking is a relative term. We knocked off 0.5 miles of The Colorado Trail. Only 482.5 more miles to go! Bryan wants to do the entire trail (in segments) at some point in the future with kids in tow. We're still learning. Hmm... :)
Bryan is going to need a bigger pack to carry Luke, me and our gear on the remaining miles of the trail.
Here is a very vague map to give you an idea of the trail.
Any takers???
Sunglasses are cool at any age.
Tough to get a good family picture when there is a combination of fire, dirt and a 9-month old involved.
Mornings begin EXTRA early when camping with Luke. 4:45 AM, seriously?
Not the highlight of the camping trip, pretty sure that was the low point.
More dirt?
Could it be??
YES!
How could he sleep any longer knowing that there was SO much dirt and SO little time???
Well, that about wraps it up, "Happy Trails to You"! (I couldn't resist.)
I am so impressed...but i guess after you've tackled mexico with a baby, camping should be a breeze right?? I don't know how you guys do it. Just the idea alone is overwhelming...I'll leave the camping to you guys. :)
ReplyDelete