Wednesday, September 22, 2010

LUKE


Luke Bryan Nielson joined our family on September 15th at 1:07 pm! He weighed in at 8 lbs 10 oz and was 22 inches! He decided to throw a few "kinks" into the labor and delivery plans, but he made it safely. We have loved having his spirit in our home. It is amazing how fast life changes with these little ones. To say that the past week and a half has felt like a blur would be an understatement. I'll keep the words short and post what everyone wants to really see, pictures! :)


Headed in to be induced-the little stinker decided to hang around an extra week.



All smiles and thumbs ups??? I had absolutely NO idea what was about to transpire in the next 18 hours.



Proud papa




Grandma Mona made it out the day after Luke was born. We wouldn't have survived without her here. Let the anxiety build for when she leaves Wednesday... uh-oh.




Our favorite nurse, Trish. She was wonderful, not only to me and baby Luke, but also to Bryan. She even put a chocolate on his pillow, such service!




Going home.




Luke's first bath, he wasn't too sure about the whole experience...












Enjoying some time with mom , or rather, mom enjoying time with Luke.




Sweet sleep
(Bryan and I should also be sleeping and not taking pics, but how could we miss this???)










Welcome Baby Luke.

10 comments:

  1. He is so cute and sweet. I hope you are doing well and adjusting to motherhood. Isn't it the greatest blessing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! I'm glad he *finally* got here. Congratulations you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh... He is so cute!! We are happy he is here! I love the pictures... keep blogging so I can watch him grow! Congratulations!
    Aunt Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy Luke made it safe and sound. He is so handsome!!! I hope you are feeling well, and getting some sleep in there somewhere! Love and kisses to the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I love all his dark hair. I hope you guys are getting some sleep and enjoying your little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how much he looks just like both of you! He is adorable for sure! Hopefully I get to hold him before he gets too big!! Gotta love those visits to labor and delivery! Never quite turn out how you plan! Post some more pics soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering about you guys... sorry about the going a week past (i thought i had it rough going a day over) He is adorable! We would love to meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow he is SO cute! Congrats! I'm sure you are just the best mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! He is adorable. You look great and enjoy these moments. They go sooo quickly.

    ReplyDelete