At work, I was told by my manager that I had to come in on my day off for a 7 am mandatory meeting with our head boss. (She later told me that she had to say our head boss, because she thought I would just blow it off otherwise. I guess people can sense that I'm starting to check out of the work scene a little bit.)
I showed up, bright and early Monday morning to find that our staff lounge had been transformed into a party room! The mandatory meeting was a combined baby shower for me and one of my co-workers that is due just 6 weeks after me!
SURPISE!!

We played my favorite baby shower game of "how gigantic are you?" :)
FYI: I am 11 TP squares round.
Martha, my co-worker, that is expecting a little girl. They had a cute cake wishing us both the best. It has been really fun to be preggo together.
My neighbor, Elizabeth, was also very gracious and threw me a neighborhood/ward/friends shower. It was so much fun that we forgot to snap pictures with everyone there! Oops! She has such a talent for decorating and entertaining, maybe I'll be able to pick up on a thing or two from her. She is also the one that let me do some canning with her a few weeks ago. This gal has it together.
Here is part of the spread that she put on...

Everyone was very impressed with the sugar cookies. I loved how they said "BABY LUKE" and "OH BOY."

A quick picture of momma-to-be after the baby shower. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people in our neighborhood and ward.
No comments:
Post a Comment