Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Anticipating the Arrival...

I guess the nesting instinct has finally hit, full force. With that nesting instinct, comes very little resting. Maybe it is nature's way of trying to break you in gently when the big moment arrives and you rarely rest (so I hear).
I have loved getting the nursery ready, it still isn't complete, but it is fun to watch it coming together. I decided to do an airplane theme, but very low-key, not a lot of fancy stuff here. Bryan has been very helpful and patient while placing things in "just the right spot" for me. Here are a few sneak peaks of the nursery.

First things first, we decided to paint and put some beadboard on the walls. Bryan recruited some local help, my cousin, Paul. Thankfully, he has some experience in the carpentry area and the beadboard is going straight up and down without any funky angles. He definitely helped make things much easier! Bryan also purchased a few new tools for the project. How could I argue, "It's for the baby"???




I love baskets and have incorporated them throughout the nursery. I'm a believer in being organized, but having a quick and simple way to go about it. My sophisticated organizing system? Clump it all together into "baby things."




Here is the homemade mobile that my "crafty" brain came up with. I'm actually really happy with how it turned out, what do you think??? (hanging sharp, metal objects above an infant is always a good idea, right?)





After the mobile idea, I felt that I was on a roll, so I found a baby quilt pattern online and decided to give it a go. I'm nearing the completion phase of the quilt. I enrolled my Aunt Karen for some help with the actual stitching, but other than that I spent just a "few" late hours putting this together. I will update when the quilt is done.


We sure are excited for the arrival of Little Luke! Only 3 more weeks to go! (roughly)

6 comments:

  1. Yay for showers and nurseries! Can't wait to see it all put together when I get back into town...already inviting myself over;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the mobile! And the quilt turned out adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your quilting skills are amazing! Love the beadboard! I'm sure it's going to be darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! You're going to be a great mom. :) We are expecting our first on December 25th and just starting to clear out the baby's room (currently serving as our office). Fun, fun! Love the mobile and can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura-
    Love the room and can't wait for baby to come.
    Alysa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura
    Your quilt is just adorable! Good work girl!
    I know your mom and dad are anxious for the great event to come!
    Hope all goes well!
    Sis Moore

    ReplyDelete