Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Trips to Utah

In mid December, our good friends Stan and Lindsay were married in the Salt Lake Temple. We were able to make it back and enjoyed visiting with many other good friends while there. We do miss our friends in Utah. However, we are slowly recruiting to Colorado. After getting married, Lindsay has since moved out to Denver where Stan is living. Yea!
I haven't been the best at taking pictures lately, this is only picture I took while at their wedding...hmm...almost caught the bride and groom.



Our friend Jared with his daughter Johana. She was a little tuckered out from the excitement of all the festivities of the day. She is such a cute, well-behaved gal.


The next weekend I was able to go to the Draper Temple with another couple of good friends, Darcy and Joey. At least at Stan and Lindsay's I managed to snap one picture, no such luck with this go around. It was a tender ceremony, and a good reminder of what is truly important.

During our visits, we were also able to spend some time with my family. I have tried to increase my domestic skills, one new skill per month. :) This month was baking bread. I simply love the bread that my mom makes. So after a one-on-one teaching session from my mom, I came home to Colorado to do a little experimenting, and to hopefully succeed.

One of my favorite parts is the kneading, or beating of the bread dough. Bryan was a little excited with all the commotion and snapped this picture in attempts to capture the brutality that was being given.
(Side note...see the basil plant, the farthest to the right? Actually, it's a little difficult to pick it out since the only thing remaining are two black/brown stems. Sadness, time to let go.)




Here is the final product...ta-dah!


I was pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment