We went to the Farmer's Market in Boulder, about 20 minutes away from our house. It was fun to see all of the produce and watch my mom's excitement with seeing several unusual or really large vegetables. We also enjoyed the display after display of gorgeous flowers. It felt like the perfect Autumn setting. We found a basil and sage plant for $5 total, too good of a deal for us to pass over. Jess gave me some tips on keeping them alive, so hopefully I'll be able to make some of her yummy recipes with a few fresh ingredients.

Following the Farmer's Market we went to a pumpkin patch. I realize that there are certain venues that I should probably rent some kids to take with me, a pumpkin patch would qualify as one such venue. However, my mom and I still had a great time, we were two little kids ourselves. Thanks for the recommendation, Melissa! They had HUGE pumpkin fields, there were 3 or 4 more fields just like this one. I couldn't believe how many pumpkins we saw! My mom spotted the largest pumpkin in the field and asked me to try to help her pick it up, we were going to get our money's worth. We had a good laugh trying to pick up a monstrous pumpkin, but that was about it--no luck. When we were little kids, the rule was that we could have any pumpkin, as long as we could carry the pumpkin. This rule still applied, and I found one within my muscles' capabilities--much, much smaller.

It was a tad windy that day--or our wagon ride was more extreme than most...

This really is not the most flattering picture, but it just makes me laugh!
Saturday night we went to the show, Wicked. It was great! We were seated in the very tip-top of the theater, but we were in the building! It was such a good time to have my mom along, she is always up for fun, and makes it easy to have fun when she is around.
Thanks for coming out to visit, I loved it!
Rent some kids.....Ha! You are so hilarious! Your mom is quite fun, I must agree!
ReplyDeleteLooks like tons of fun! I'm so jealous you got to see Wicked! I've been dying to go, but alas we live in the wrong place and Wicked isn't coming here. Boo hoo. Glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDelete