My job in Colorado requires that we wear OR hats for some of the procedures we're involved with each day. The other weekend I decided I was sick of the paper blue hats that are provided and wanted a little more personality, so an OR hat purchase was made. Later, as I examined my fabulous new hat, I thought it may be a little overpriced and that I could make one myself for much cheaper. Tonight just happened to be one of our Relief Society's "small" groups that was a sewing group. What timing! I found a pattern, some material, and a few sewing objects that I thought might come in handy and headed out to find the seamstress within me. The lady that was hosting the sewing group is a domestic diva and took me under her wing. Just a few hours later with her help and patience, I had my new, more economical OR hat.

Ta-Da! Who would have thought it might actually turn out! I realize that I look a little goofy, but that's even without the hat!

The side view. (As a side note, I work with children, so it's even better when you have crazy hats that they will also like.)
I enjoyed making the hat, and think that it really might be simple enough for me to attempt to make another one on my own. We'll see how I do when I fly solo...
Hooray for your cool new hat! You can totally do this on your own (and if not, you can just show up at Sister Suma's door in the middle of the night - She'll love it...)
ReplyDeleteWa Hoo! I love the hat! Nice job. :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! What department are you working in? I hope you are enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteIt looks awesome Laura! I think you are officially a domestic goddess! :)
ReplyDeleteNice job! Looks great, especially for no pattern!
ReplyDeleteNice work! I like it!
ReplyDelete