Monday, July 13, 2009

A Visit From Tom

My brother, Tom, came out last weekend to pay us a visit. We were fully aware that his wanting to visit just happened to coincide with the Braves playing the Rockies, but we were just happy to have someone come visit!
We caught baseball games on Friday and Saturday night. Tom must have been the good luck charm for the Braves, they won both nights. However, the next game, a home-run was hit right where we had been sitting the previous two nights, dang it! The highlight of the two games for me was when the grounds keepers had to roll up a massive tarp that was used to cover the infield due to a rain delay. As they were attempting to roll it up, one poor guy in the corner wasn't able to stand his ground and was quickly pulled onto the grass, where he was dragged about 10 feet! The guy wouldn't let go! It was hilarious...I know, I'm mean...
Besides watching the pros in baseball, and laughing at other peoples' misfortunes, I also watched Bryan and Tom play a few rec. softball games-I'm not sure if I would qualify as a supporter or a heckler, but Bryan is still letting me tag along, for now. :)
Here are some pictures from the weekend spent with Tom...


Does this look like a bad idea to anyone else?

The hike we went on was a popular one and parking was a little sparse, so what do 3 guys in a car come up with??? Their own parking spot. Honestly...


Here's Rick, realizing, "oh-maybe we should put some rocks under the tires..."











I was so excited to have a visitor that I decided to make a pie just for Tom! Besides, I had to make sure that I included Tom in the blog posting that was about him, so he was kind enough to be a good sport about it. I will admit, that I was also a little proud of the pie and was trying to get a picture of it as well. :)









This was our first time to Coors Field. It is a gorgeous baseball park. We had a great time-thanks for getting us out there Tom!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny you saw my parents! The game looks like fun! Baseball is one sport I actually understand, so I like baseball games. I'm glad your brother was able to visit.

    ReplyDelete